Termite Inspections

Who Can Provide a Termite Inspection?

Any person must be licensed by the Structural Pest Control Division of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services in order to issue a Wood Destroying Insect Report (WDIR-100) or by a reciprocal agreement with the state of South Carolina Department of Fertilizer and Pesticide Control, Regulatory and Public Service Programs to issue a CL-100 report. All of our inspectors are licensed Registered Technicians and are accredited members of the North Carolina Pest Control Association.

What is a Termite Inspection?

Pest and termite inspections identify the presence or evidence of past or present wood-destroying insect infestations and or damage from:

  • Sub-Terranean Termites
  • Powder Post Beetles
  • Old House Borers
  • Carpenter Bees
  • Carpenter Ant

Conditions conducive to infestations by these insects will also be identified

Is a Termite Inspection Included With a Home Inspection?

A wood-destroying insect inspection and report “Termite Letter” may be included with your home inspection. Typically a home inspector will spend more time inspecting a home than a person who is only conducting a pest inspection. For this reason, having Colony Home Inspections’ home inspector handle the pest inspection while conducting the home inspection may provide a more comprehensive examination of the home. The WDIR-100 (NC) or CL-100 (SC) report forms will be included in the home inspection report as an attachment, easily printed or forwarded to the appropriate parties.

Want to Learn More?

For more information about what is or is not included in the pest inspection click on the link below:

Wood-Destroying Insect Information Reports

Pest inspection services are provided under license agreements with Termitech-South, Inc.